Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Valentine's Luncheon for Friends

Hi everyone,

I invited 3 friends over for lunch today and here is a photo of the table setting. I used pink depression glass dishes that my husband inherited. They are beautiful and set a pretty feminine table! I used a pink glass basket in the center filled with heart chocolates and scattered rose petals around. The place mats were made by my mother years ago.















Here is a view of the decorated dining room. It is painted a beautiful deep red with white crown moulding and white chair railings so I use a soft white painted china cabinet as a focal point filled with my Old Country Roses china. The deep red walls look great with pinks and reds for Valentine's day. Click on the photo for a closer look.



I was so busy cooking that I forgot to get photos of the food. I didn't even take photos of the guests...we were having too much fun! After our lunch of sandwiches, salad and a frozen cranberry salad, we had cake, chocolates and an orange spice tea and then we all went to my studio to make someone a special Valentine. The gals were very creative and went home with some cute Valentines. It was a fun day, but now I must get back to painting!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun and looks very pretty. Bet your food was good too.

    ReplyDelete