Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Pile of Peppers

Hi Everyone, Hope you are having a grand day! It is gorgeous here and I must get out in the garden. However, I wanted to show you my pepper watercolor painting I finished. Do you remember the big bag of mixed sweet peppers I bought at the market? They are posted last in this post. Should have posted them first!! Anyway, they are pretty and delicious peppers and I tried doing a watercolor of some of them. I like the results of the peppers, but am not crazy about the background in the painting! I thought the dark bluish/purple color would compliment the peppers, and it does, but I think I liked them on a lighter color best. Well, you never know what a painting will be like until it is finished. Still it was fun to do !





2 comments:

  1. Egretta, I agree - the peppers look great, but the backgound is too dark. Maybe you need to do the chilli peppers now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the peppers! It it called 'A Pile of Peppers'?

    ReplyDelete