Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, February 21, 2011

A Handmade Dollhouse


Greetings from Ten Gables Cottage,
Years ago, when my daughter was a little girl, I made her this dollhouse from a kit. From the back, you can see the rooms and I think there are six different ones. I don't know if she loved it, as she was getting pretty big at the time, plus Barbie Dolls were all the thing, but I loved building it for her and worked very hard to finish it by Christmas. I still have it on a "plant shelf" in my studio. Beside it is an old child's scooter that I bought at an auction. In front are my own old rag dolls that my mother made for me when I was 8 years of age. They are twins---a boy and a girl. The poor girl's face is discolored, as some of the rags she was stuffed with has faded on her face! They are special to me. Sometimes I wonder what to do with these old things. I guess I will just keep them, look at them and enjoy, and let my children decide one day what to do with them!!

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on it! Too bad adults can't have more children's play time, that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete