Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Three Different Bougainvillea


Greetings from Florida and Ten Gables Cottage,

One of my very favorite flowering vines is the bougainvillea. How romantic it looks climbing an arbor around a lace covered window or on a patio arbor shading you from the sun while you sip a cold drink! I have photos of three different colors of bougainvillea. Which is your favorite?

Is it this lovely golden one?



















Or is it this beautiful bright pink or crimson one?



This one grows by my studio and I can see it from the window. Sometimes I find myself just staring at it, lost in the beauty of the colorful bracts. Often I take a cutting of a group of bracts and bring them in; they last inside for days!












Perhaps it is the first one I photographed at the top of this blog. It is sort of a purple color. Or maybe purple-pink. Which one is your favorite?










4 comments:

  1. I am in North Florida, although mine come back every year they do not flower, argh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sorry, Darla. Have you tried a sheltered location but sunny? Maybe they just don't bloom up there. But do you have dogwood or redbud? That would certainly compensate...We can't have those here, and azaleas don't do very well either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the darker purple one best. You certainly have a lot of colour in your garden, Egretta. Mine is mostly various shades of green (or, brown, right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the top photo purple/hot pink. The flowers almost look like paper... like they were made from wrapping/tissue paper. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete