Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, January 31, 2011

Harvesting Radishes


Hi everyone,
We are having lovely weather and I spent yesterday afternoon planting all the plants I have bought for the vegetable garden. I put in several kinds of lettuce, tomato, pepper, zucchini, red cabbage, basil and marigolds (bug prevention plants).I harvested most of the radishes and as you can see, they don't look all that great. Some had split and others grown very long, while a few were perfectly round. I will be planting more, so maybe this time around they will do better. I did clean these up and got a nice teacup full and they were very tasty.
I stir fried cabbage last night, as http://Marksvegplot.blogspot.com/ suggested for using my cabbage, and I added crumbled bacon, a dash of garlic powder, some fresh ground pepper and when I served it, a sprinkling of Parmesan/Romano cheese. It was superb!! So last evening I had three things from my little garden, broccoli, cabbage, and radishes. Fit for a king!
As you plan your Spring garden, have fun and imagine all the good and healthy eating you will have!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your cabbage was good, Egretta. Re the radishes - we always like to eat them dipped in salt, as an appetiser before dinner. Nice with a glass of beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love radishes just right out of the garden but a stir fry sounds good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The radishes look really good and could feature in a Br'er Rabbit book.

    ReplyDelete