Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Golden Tree again and I Spy

Hello everyone,
I just had to show you The Golden Tree again---it has bloomed out even more and the blossoms are beginning to fall on the ground. How pretty is that!!!




















And now for a little game of "I Spy". I heard the call of a woodpecker outside, so with camera in hand, I went to investigate. And I saw it on this palm tree---rattt-a tatt. ratt-a tatt. Can you spot him ? I am not sure you can, but he is about half way down on the left of the trunk. While I was looking at him, a larger different kind of wood pecker flew up and began pecking on the other side of the tree! Two for One!!! I was snapping away, but really too far away to get a good picture of them. Can you find the other one? Click on it to enlarge. I'm not sure I got him in this photo.

Look at the new green leaves forming on this tree! Isn't it great to see the signs of Spring.



Even a walk through the garden center is so inspiring!




And you just had to see this beautiful green Plumosa fern growing on a fence here. It is so green and lush. I love to cut bits of it to put in floral arrangements---It brings back memories of when I owned a Florist and we used to "pick plu" which meant to put bits on a wooden pick for certain arrangements.




Have a great day! Stay Creative!!! Egretta

2 comments:

  1. The tree is beautiful! What great colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment, Kelly. I just read your blog and congratulations on the award! Your blog is stylish and interesting!

    ReplyDelete