Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, February 28, 2011

A Floral Walk

Hello everyone,


Let's see what is blooming today out in the garden! The coleus is growing and looking good. I always enjoy the different colors in the leaves.









I love this bloomed out pink rose--I may paint from this photo sometime!






Yellow roses are always special to me. When you photograph them, you see the deeper shade of yellow deep within, almost an orange. This photo will go in my future paintings box, too.


The geranium is really blooming. Here is a close up.




I realize I have shown you numerous photos of the bougainvillea by my studio, but it is astonishing in it's glory! After our cold January, I was afraid it would die, but it seems to have made it more determined than ever to put out gorgeous bracts.


Hope you garden is showing lots of color!







9 comments:

  1. Unfortunately my garden is currently mostly brown! A few splashes of colour (daffodils and crocuses), but mainly bare earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Southern California

    I added myself to follow you. I invite you to visit my blog and follow me if you want too.

    God bless you :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are gorgeous. The bougainvillea has adjusted well to the cold spell and has finally showed its grandeur. Wish I could grow it in Ireland but too cold and windy where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden walk was a delightful one. The coleus I started from seed are just now taking on different colors...your pepper painting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I can't believe all the color in your garden already! Beautiful! I found your blog through Kelli's. I hope you will visit my blog. I will add myself to follow yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm starting to think about how we're going to re-landscape the front yard. Your pictures have definitely added some ideas to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all of you for the nice comments. I will be looking at your blogs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Egretta! Bouganvillea are so lovely. I'm simply drawn to their beauty. I figured if they could survive in the tropics, they could survive me. Unfortunately, I seem to have killed all three of my plants! I wont buy another one until I learn exactly how to care for them.

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete