Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hearts, flowers and teacups


Hi everyone from Ten Gables Cottage,
I trust you had a wonderful holiday and are welcoming in the New Year today! It is time to take down all the Christmas decorations and get out pen and pad and write our New Year's resolutions. I have been writing the same ones now for many years and they include diet, eat healthy, exercise and paint more paintings! Maybe I should just leave these off the list this year and try for something entirely different!
Here is a photo of a wreath I will be hanging where a Christmas one hung. I made this using some odd cups, saucers and teapots plus a beautiful heart my Mother embroidered with ribbon. This will be near the dining room where I enjoy afternoon tea frequently either all alone or with guests! I think this will look great, too, as we get nearer to Valentine's Day when I do a bit of decoration in reds and pinks. Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays, so I usually do a few craft projects for it. Click on the wreath to see it better! Now to finish putting up the Christmas things and do a little cleaning........
Have a Happy New Year, Egretta

No comments:

Post a Comment