Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Friday, January 28, 2011

Perfection: The sky and a cabbage

Hello from Ten Gables,
The sky last night was awesome as the sun went down. We were just walking out of the fellowship hall at church where we had a meeting and thankfully I had my camera with me and could snap a couple of amazing photos.






The colors are lovely and I love the way the wispy clouds are moving!









This may have been the first photo---I'm not sure of the sequence. But in this one, I love the
transparent looking shapes of bluish grey and white over the coral layer. Amazing and pure perfection!













And here is a photo of my harvested cabbage which is perfect---not one worm hole or bug! All I did was plant some marigolds near by, but they died during the freeze. I have several more to harvest. I will have to find more ways to fix cabbage. One thing I love is stuffed cabbage, stuffing with a ground beef and rice mixture and cooked in a tomato sauce. Yum!

5 comments:

  1. "Perfection: The sky and a cabbage" sounds like the title of a very strange book!
    Anyway, I see what you mean; they are both perfect in different ways. I bet that growing a cabbage as good as that gave you a real sense of achievement. Try cooking some of it thinly shredded and then stir-fried with bacon and garlic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will try that recipe this very night! That sounds so good. Yes, I hated to cut that cabbage; it was so pretty, but some of it made delicious slaw last night....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't you take a photo??? The interior of a cabbage is very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cabbage is gorgeous. I have a great coleslaw recipe you might like to try -- just check the recipe section on my blog -- www.bloominthyme.wordpress.com

    Have you ever tried red cabbage? Very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your caggage looks so perfect. I'm jealous as you have outdone what I grew over the summer. I love the flavour of cabbage. Great in stews.

    ReplyDelete