Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hot Saturday in the Garden....

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a good weekend! I took a little stroll in the garden, even though I was tempted to stay inside in the air-conditioning! Click on this first photo to see the bird up close. I am not sure if it is a blue jay or a wax wing. It definitely had a bit of blue on it, but seemed a lot bigger than the blue jays I have seen around here.  Below is another shot of the bird or it's mate. There were two of them, taking a bath in what little water is in the bird bath. A pair of mockingbirds came and tried to run them off, but they stood their ground and ran off the mockingbirds! It was fun to watch.
A close up of a zinnia. I still have lots of them....the one thing I can grow in heat!

This is a glimpse of Margaret's garden. You can see the Mexican petunias in the foreground and in the far end of the little space.  Her blue table cloth looks pretty.
This is her little "gnome town", nestled among her plants.
Pretty potted Caladiums.
Another view of Margaret's garden.
My pineapple has some protection from the animals, made from wire. It is about ready to pick. It is heavy and has bent the stalk down.
Here you can see the pineapple bent down away from the plant. Look closely.
Gorgeous Hibiscus with the very blue sky in the background.  
Best wishes for blue skies and happy days!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice...I love birds and birdbaths...I sent you an email for your Tea Bag holders...Happy Weekend with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, especially the hibiscus and the pineapple will be really nice to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have give you an award. Feel free to pick from my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I'm not sure why I'm not reaching your email...
    Janice Corona
    66 Maynard Street.
    San Francisco. California
    94112
    $ 6.50 each
    13.00 total
    3.50 shipping
    Total balance due...16.50 with a postal money order please...thank you
    Egretta...

    ReplyDelete