Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, August 8, 2011

Vintage Purse Collection



Hello Everyone,



It is too hot to be outside today, and besides, it is going to start storming any minute! So I thought I would share my Vintage purse collection with you! This first one I call, "Everything's Coming Up Roses" and it is a vintage basket with lucite handle and has been decorated with pretty handmade silk roses!










































This one is a gorgeous lucite purse with a nice handle. It opens on top; now how adorable is that. I carried it to church and a lady near me could not keep her eyes off it; she clearly did not understandy why I was carrying something so old and "out os style". To each his own, I say!









































The one below is a lucite clutch with a cut glass look. Adorable! I love the rhinestones set in the side of it, too.


































This purse looks exactly like a rolled up magazine! I bought this new in the late 50's and have carried it many times throughout the years. People think you are carrying a folded over magazine and they are shocked when you open it and get out a tissue. Quiet a conversation piece, this! Pardon the upside down photo of it!(To see it better, just stand on your head!)
















































In the late 50's and 60's, decoupage was very much "in" and many people bought baskets with tops to decoupage on, or wooden boxes to make into decoupaged purses. This basket purse I have had many years and have carried it until it is almost worn out! I love the sea gull on top and whoever made it, certainly put many coats of varnish over the print. It is lovely!



























































3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of bag! Nice collection too! I like the "lucite" purse.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite interesting. The one with the roses on it--I could swear I had a basket purse with some sort of flowers on the top mid-'60s. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun, they're really interesting and good talking points. So cute! I've noticed people carrying more interesting bags these days and some groovy lunch bags too.

    ReplyDelete