Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Very Green Lizard

Hello from Ten Gables Cottage,
It is a slow, easy day here today, nice and hot, so I went outside to see what I could photograph and put on the blog.

Not much is in bloom now and there is nothing much new to report.

But here is the greenest little lizard I have seen in a while! Of course they change colors and usually are kind of hidden in their surroundings, but this perched on the white railing, and his color really showed up!





When he spotted me he leaped off the post and hastened over to a wicker chair, and I wondered if his color would change. So I waited and waited and waited. It got sooooooo hot and NO, his color remained green, so I gave up and came in to post him.



Cute little fellow and we are so used to them in Florida, that we hardly bother to pay any attention to them.



Have a good weekend, Egretta

2 comments:

  1. We have this species here too! Back in my hometown it's brown colour!

    ReplyDelete