Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, June 11, 2012

A Nature Walk in the Garden

Hi everyone and welcome to Ten Gables Cottage, 
It is soooooo HOT here today, but I managed a little walk outside and found some lovely flowers and butterflies in the garden. The day lilies are in bloom. I love them, but hate that each bloom only lasts one day!
Look carefully at this bougainvillea and you will see a butterfly enjoying some nectar!
I think yellow in a garden is one of my favorites. So bright and really seems to stand out.
At the bottom, you can see a butterfly on a zinnia. They love zinnias. Notice the shrimp plant to the left of the zinnia. Hummingbirds love the shrimp plant.
What do you do with an old boot? Fill it with flowers. This one was at the garden center.
My little Hibiscus  tree has more bloom than tree! The coral color is really pretty.What is blooming in your garden today?

4 comments:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous! Since we have a had a week of rain everything is blooming and my hibiscus look great this year

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What color. I can almost feel the heat. Here we have a really hot day then a cooler day. Weird. Our day lilies are yet to bloom. Yours are beautiful. I especially like the little butterfly. I enjoyed my little stroll through your garden. How are the cranes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Egretta. Beautiful blooms you are sporting in this posting. I just love your Hibiscus. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I do so love flowers! And butterflies. We have so much rain lately, that some flowers are gone in an instant, like my peonies. The rain got them in one day.
    It looks like you have more luck.

    ReplyDelete