Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Thursday, November 11, 2010

"Old Keys"


Hi everyone from Ten Gables Cottage,
A few years back, my uncle brought me an old cigar box full of old keys he had saved through the years. He would just throw them into the box, never doing a thing with them, but he thought I might have an idea how to display them. So I had two display boxes made and covered the background in a neutral beige cloth and Velcroed the keys in rows to the cloth. I started with the largest working to the smallest. Aren't they interesting? They are all different in design and size, and the two boxes hang on each side of French doors. Next to the shadow box hangs two keyhole covers. I love the design of old things---always well crafted and interesting.
Do something creative daily---it enhances your life!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe one of those old keys unlocks the treasure chest buried at the bottom of the garden... Didn't your Dad tell you about that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I never heard of that! My Dad did tell me about a cave in the mountains of Kentucky that had a treasure in it that American Indians had hidden that some of the children in the family happened on in childhood, ran away scared, and then couldn't find it again!!

    ReplyDelete