Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, November 1, 2010

Octoberfest Meal


Hi everyone from Ten Gables cottage,
This is the meal that was served yesterday at the Octoberfest. It consisted of German Bratwurst with sour Kraut and mustard on a bun, German hot potato salad, and baked beans with bacon. I am not a big fan of Bratwurst, but it was really tasty and the hot potato salad was different, to say the least. I think it had a little too much vinegar in it, but I think it might be something I would have to acquire a taste for. The beans were very good, just like we serve at an American bar-b-que! A glass of cold beer might have gone good with it, but we had lemonade or coffee. Cakes were served for dessert and they were really very good. I had one with a chocolate and a white layer with frosting---Yum!
Well, October is gone, today is the first of November and we have a whole new month ahead of us. It is cooling down a little more in Florida, but still hot and sunny during the day. I just noticed that my poor broccoli plants look very wilted because of the heat. I am considering getting some screen and making a sort of lean-to thing that I can use to help shield them from the hot mid-day sun. Maybe just watering them deeper at night will help. It looks like we aren't going to get rain any time soon.
Have a great day, Egretta

1 comment:

  1. Shame you didn't get a beer! A nice chilled Pilsner would probably have been perfect. Prosit!

    ReplyDelete