Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Friday, October 29, 2010

Watch my Broccoli grow!!

Hi from Ten Gables Cottage,

It has been so dry lately---we are greatly in need of rain. I have been watering my broccoli every evening and they are really growing, but a nice gentle all day rain would do wonders for my plants. They haven't started to form "heads" yet, but should do so soon. Sometimes I think, "What if they don't form heads, just have leaves". But I am sure they will soon. You can see the marigolds planted nearby. It is said that marigolds help keep bugs away. So far nothing is bothering them. I keep a close watch and one day did find a grasshopper near one.

I have fertilized once with Miracle Grow and will give them another "grow cocktail "of it tonight.
It is interesting that we garden in Fall and Winter here in Florida. Being from Kentucky, it is hard for me to get used to this, even though I have lived in Florida over 30 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment