Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dried McIntosh Apple Slices


Hello Everyone, I hope you are having a great day!
Well, here is how my dried apple slices look! When I get ready to make the Old Fashioned Apple Stack Cake, I will put them in a big pot, add lots of water and cook them slowly, adding water as needed because as they cook, they will swill and the volume will increase tremendously! I will add spices that the recipe calls for as they begin to get "done". We will go into all this later when it is time to make the cake. Believe me, it will be well worth the effort!
Today was my quilting group day at Peace Lutheran Church. We are very busily getting things done for our Fall and Christmas Bazaar, so it was fun seeing all the projects come together. Some members cut fabric, others sew pieces together for quilts, others lay quilt tops out, pin the filling and backing together and tie the quilts, some people have totes and handbags going-----it is quite a busy, creative group. We break for lunch, each of us having brought our own sandwich, but someone is appointed to bring dessert and today it was a wonderful homemade German Chocolate Cake!

1 comment:

  1. The apples look really good & I like your apple table cloth. I'm enjoying your new blog - it's fab!

    ReplyDelete