Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Garden at Ten Gables


Hi everyone,
Here's a peek at the little Fall/Winter garden I have planted. There are two pineapples growing in the foreground. I planted the tops of pineapples to start them and you get a pineapple in two years---after that, shoots come up and you get another plant. When the plant gets a pineapple (in August) I have to watch carefully and pick it when it first gets a little ripe or the raccoons will devour it!. Pineapple plants are quite decorative and keep certain pests away, such as animals who don't like the spikes.
I planted cabbage plants and broccoli plants, a few tomatoes, and basil about a week ago and they are starting to really grow. I put marigolds throughout the garden to discourage pests and the mulch helps, too.

1 comment:

  1. I like your photo - the colour is really nice and your plants will grow in no time. Hope you have more success with your cabbage than I did - mine were devoured by caterpillers & slugs.

    ReplyDelete