Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Simple, Yet Delicious


I usually paint until about 6:30 or so and then try to fix dinner, usually not well motivated and my mind still on my painting! But one night last week, not having gone to the grocery store in a while, I thought , "Well, it's up to you, can of tuna!"
So I made up quick croquettes and then a nice cheese sauce using a white sauce with a little Velvetta, dash of sherry. This made a surprisingly good dish served with a tomato, basil and oil salad, and some sweet corn on the cob. My cooking goal is this: Quick, Healthy, Delicious, quick being the most important! My kids say I never make a dish alike, even using the same recipe. That's because I create when I cook! I think, " Uhmmmm, it calls for cinnamon...so wonder how a little nutmeg added, too, would taste, ", etc. Sometimes I have a masterpiece that is never dupicated again. Other times we are glad it can't be dupicated!! All in the name of Creativity!
Hope your day was full of fun!

1 comment:

  1. It looks delicious. I could provide the salad from my garden to go with it! (even with the frosts i still have salad)

    ReplyDelete