Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

More Special Ornaments....

Hello Everyone. Come inside Ten Gables and let me show you some more special ornaments.

This little Scottish Lass with bagpipes was one I brought back from a visit to Scotland.

I love the little plastic dolls...they are very inexpensive, but so cute for the tree. Here is a little policeman...do they call him a Bobbie in England?? Not sure.

This little doll above is a bagpiper from Ireland. 

Now I want you to see some handmade ornaments made by a dear lady from Germany who settled in American. Not only was she able to create with needle and thread and bits of fabric, but she was a talented artist. She passed away a few years ago, but her creations will be enjoyed by many. This one is Peter Pan. Notice the little bell in Tinkerbell's hand.

This one is Jack and the Beanstalk. Just look at that Giant's face! Notice all the detail.
One of my very favorite ones is Little Women. If you have read the book, you can pick out each of the girls . I won't tell you which is which. You have to guess! I will be showing you some more of the handmade ones later. I have quite a few of them.

Back to decorating and then off to Advent services tonight.  Hope you are having a good time preparing for Christmas and doing things that make you happy.  I might mention that today a small group of ladies from the Lutheran Women's Missionary League at my church visited and took lunch to a nice older couple from our church who have moved into a beautiful assisted living place. We were able to get a nice dining room there and had them a wee party and luncheon and they were so appreciative of it. What a lovely way to share Christmas.  I hope you, too, are sharing with others and spreading a little happiness all around!

4 comments:

  1. Egretta, your house is a veritable museum! The scottish bagpiper is almost certainly not a Lass though, but a "wee laddie" wearing a kilt. In the UK we used to call a policeman a Bobby (a reference to Robert Peel who established our first formal police force), but these days you don't hear the term so much. Usually the police are referred to as "coppers" or "cops" (or something a lot more derogatory!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting out the Christmas decorations is like saying "hello again" to old friends. I love the little felt people. Your door wreath is gorgeous. My daughter's mother in law has always made my wreaths. They live in the mountains where the wild fires burned last summer, so now she doesn't have any fresh trees to make the wreaths and garlands. I'll have to buy mine a the super market, I guess. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornaments are beautiful! My dogs have stolen several off the tree already this year and chewed them up so I keep the really special ones up high. Fortunately, my dogs have short legs. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are so cute! I've been decorating too and enjoying the spirit of the holidays.

    ReplyDelete