Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, December 1, 2012

"Decorating for Christmas"

Hi Everyone, I've been busy starting to decorate  Ten Gables for Christmas! I decided to use the tall tree toppers again at various places on the tree by wiring small dowel rods here and there and sitting the toppers down on the dowels. It is hard to get them straight, but they look so pretty! Enlarge the photo for a better view.
I have so many ornaments! Over the years I have collected various ones from craft shows, department stores and travels both in the U.S. and overseas. Also I have many that have been gifts. The one above in the shape of Minnesota and hand painted was a gift. I love it! The snow scene looks so Christmasy and pretty. The little teapot ornament is from Harrods in London and I bought it on a trip there.
Here is a different view of the glass toppers on the tree.
This is a little group of three tall skinny pine trees and I have placed them in the entrance hall. They are decorated with a children's theme and the ornaments are either handmade or from a country I have visited. The handmade ones were made by a talented artist and I met her at a crafts show several years ago. Her ornaments were nursery rhyme characters and children's book characters, all done by hand and with incredible details.
This is old Humpty Dumpty.He is about to fall and that black is the bottom of his shoe. So cute!
This little doll is from Finland.
This wooden moose is from Norway. I will show you more of my collection  in a few days.Must say goodbye today and get back to cleaning my porch, getting ready to decorate it. Happy decorating to you, too.

4 comments:

  1. Love the collection of items from around the world! Our decorations will be going up next weekend. We find that if they go up too early we get tired of them before Christmas itself.
    This year we have a special new "Christmas decoration" - our granddaughter Holly. A very appropriate name, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful decorations! I have lots of ornaments, too--some mine, but mostly ones I inherited from the family. I don't think I'll be getting them out this year--so, I'll just enjoy yours!
    I'm also your newest follower!
    Hugs from the Farmhouse,
    Dru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is quite beautiful. I can imagine that your home will be quite splendid when you are finished decorating and I hope that you share photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you wired up tree toppers and I picked out the Minnesota ornament right away, that is where I grew up!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete