Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, August 4, 2012

I love Pizelles....great for Tea Time!

Hi Everyone,  I finally bought a Pizelle maker! It is somewhat like a waffle iron except it makes a very thin Italian cookie that is so delicious! As you can see in the photo, the pizelle maker presses a pretty design in each cookie....yes, you only make 2 at a time!
The recipe calls for 6 eggs, beaten until smooth; add 1/2 cup cooking oil and 2 teaspoons (or more) of  pure anise extract and you can add some anise seeds if you wish. Mix in 3 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1 and 1/2 cups sugar.  Now drop 1 level tablespoon of dough on the center of each pizelle  mold, shut the lid and bake only 20 seconds. After a few, I got a rhythm going and dipped them in confectioner's sugar while hot and transferred to a rack to cool.
Here they are cooling. It makes about 60 or so.
The Pizelles are thin and crispy, with just a hint of that wonderful anise taste. They don't taste really sweet, but just right to go with a cup of tea.
Pretty on my Country Roses dishes!
Now it is tea time. Won't you join me?

3 comments:

  1. Your pizelles look wonderful in the plate. I bought my friend a pizelle maker for Christmas then she decided that they were cheaper to buy at Walmart. My step grandmother made them and they were a wonder treat. I'd love to join you for tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really yummy! Nice tea party - wish I could join you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy! yummy! They look like snow architecture!

    ReplyDelete