Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Get Creative--Poofy Hobo Bags

Hi Everyboday,
It is a rainy day here in South Florida and do we need that rain! I am in my studio, taking a painting break and thought I would create something......a hobo purse without sewing! So, I got some squares of fabric and some old vintage silk scarves and started tying them until I had learned to made a hobo bag!!
This one is made from a 44 inch square of cloth...it is a silky feeling cloth, almost like a scarf, but with a little more body. I tied a knot in each of the four corners almost half way down the cloth. These become the handles.















After you tie the four corners, you bring together two adjacent ones and tie them together to form a handle. Do the other two and that is it! It has become a poofy hobo bag! It takes all of 5 minutes or less. I decorated this one with a vintage pin from my collection. That adds a certain charm and keeps it from being so plain. It actually holds all your loot, is very light weight and you just carry it by the two straps. How fun is that?









I made another one from some white fabric and decorated it with glued on yo-yo's and buttons.

























Try it! What an easy creative way to use up your grandma's fabric stash or old scarves.

Have a great day! Egretta



1 comment:

  1. That's a neat idea! I really like the fabric in the first one. Vintage one of a kind!

    ReplyDelete