Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Fun Thursday"

Hi Everyone,

Thursday the seniors from our church met at Ten Gables for an Antique Forum with my friend, Beth, coming from Co-Op Antiques to provide us with information, a great display, and to appraise our treasures. Everyone brought an antique or as many as they cared to bring, so it was Show and Tell Time!

One lady brought her great great grandfather's diary in which he wrote of Abraham Lincoln in it. She possessed a treasure trove of interesting items, including a non-published book her grandfather wrote, lots of photos and even Victorian clothing. I was so interested in everything that I forgot to take photos. Can you imagine?!!! Other items shared was a unique Hall tea pot, a very old violin, a music box, an Effenbee doll.

But I did get a photo of Beth with her antiques from the shop displayed on my old chopping block. She brought an old coffee mill, an old Polaroid camera, painted miniatures, a darner, a china doll, an old egg holder, an old gas iron, a bayonet, an old nail puller and more. Click on the photo for a better view.


I spent most of the week getting things ready for the party, so I finally started this painting on Friday and finished it today. It is an impressionistic painting of a young girl, just from my imagination, done in egg tempera. To see more of my paintings, go to http://egrettawells.blogspot.com/ . Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Must have been a fascinating experience. You could almost create a museum of your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the antique forum went well, a great idea. Love your painting!

    ReplyDelete