Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Vintage Ruby Glass Punch Bowl


Hello from Ten Gables Cottage,
I have gotten out the old ruby red glass puch bowl and cups ready for egg nog on Christmas afternoon! This beautiful glass has been produced for about the last 100 years by many different manufacturers. I suspect mine is by Anchor Hocking. I don't have the stand and must try to find one when I go antiquing. That may be hard to do, as usually you don't find a seperate piece, but the whole set. I do have twelve cups with mine--I think I only put eight out here.
The egg nog recipe I will be using is so simple and delicious. It does not require eggs, so perhaps it should have a different name, but the taste is as good as the most eggy egg nog! Here is below and I really think you should try it!
LITE AND EASY EGG NOG
Put about a quart of vanilla frozen yogurt in the punch bowl. Add 2 or 3 cups of cold skim or low fat milk and stir until some of the yogurt begins to melt a little. Add some rum to taste or if there are children, like at my house, add a teaspoon of rum flavoring. Sprinkle with about a teaspoon of nutmeg. The measurements aren't written in law. Just add as much yogurt and milk as you think your gang will want and flavor it by tasting. It can be made ahead in the bowl and sit out for all afternoon and still be cold and delicious! So good with homemade Christmas cookies.
I hope you will try this good egg nog. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. If that was in my house I think it would probably be used for making some punch with Ruby Port (though possibly not of the Vintage variety)! Or maybe some Mulled Wine, which is great at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am blessed to be able to make my punch in the same Bowl. Happy Holdays

      Delete