Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, January 5, 2013

We need rain!!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are enjoying the beginning days of the New Year! I feel like doing a rain dance, as it is so dry here and my little garden is in need of a good soaking! Above, see my little white Pansies. Don't you adore little Pansy faces. You can see that the leaves seem a little wilted. It has been cloudy and has misted just a bit today, but we really need a good downpour!
 My cabbage is heading up now, but it too would really benefit from some rain. It looks good with no insect damage.
I am afraid my Arugula lettuce has started to bloom and is over the best eating days. It has become bitter. However, it is so pretty in the garden that I am just letting it go for awhile.

The eggplant has about 5 of these on it and they are small. I only have the one plant and it is looking really bad, with brown dried up leaves. If only it could have some nice rain, I think the eggplants would increase in size. Perhaps I would have enough to make a nice Parmesan dish with them. Well, must go....I have to do my rain dance. Is that more than you needed to imagine??

5 comments:

  1. We know your pain in Colorado, Egretta. We need moisture of any kind, so dance away, graceful or not, dance away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy I haven't been able to get onto your page. Finally phew...Happy New Year's my dear friend...your cabbage looks fantastic..I have planted some but they haven't grown much over the last two months...and I'm a huge fan of pansy's they are one of my favorite flowers beside Roses...I hope your weekend is going well with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the Rain Dance was effective... It's not something we have had to do here in the rain-sodden UK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taht's very helthy looking vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your veggies are looking good!

    ReplyDelete