Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A fun project.....a button lampshade

Hello everyone,
I had a box of old and new buttons and wondered how to use them in some creative way. So I bought a small lamp at a thrift store and painted the dingy shade with white gesso. Then I glued buttons all over the shade! It was fun and I tried to use a lot of pink buttons and different sized ones .







I even added a few pearls for a little more dimension.











Here it is on the lamp!






Here it is turned on. It makes a nice glow and is really pretty turned on.




Save your buttons, now!

3 comments:

  1. I love it. I have been looking for buttons to add to my cricut projects. I buy them at junk stores by the bottle, usually hoping to get certain colors. Now I know what to do with the left overs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Ann! It was fun to do. At first I glued on with tacky glue, but ended up using the glue gun which was really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute lamp! I always love creative projects.

    ReplyDelete