Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, December 19, 2011

Baking, Baking and more Baking!



Hi Everyone from Ten Gables,

Well, yesterday after church, I got right into marathon (almost) baking! I also dipped pretzel rods in white chocolate and milk chocolate, decorating them a little bit. My children love these treats.















I made molasses crinkles a recipe that most people seem to have on hand. I also made Magic bars, using condensed milk, graham cracker crumbs, with butterscotch and chocolate chips. I had these in Minnesota and found the recipe on the internet!
















I made Crispy Oatmeal Sugar Cookies and then Soda Cracker Cookies. I have given out both these recipes on this blog.




Finally I made Caramel puffed corn and put it up in airtight jars. Below is the recipe for Caramel puffed corn.



















Caramel Puffed Corn

Buy two bags of Chester's Puffed Corn in the potato chip section of your grocery. Dump it into 2 baking pans with sides, so you can stir it. Puffed Corn looks like packing peanuts!!! Now melt in saucepan on the stovetop, 2 sticks or 1 cup butter, 2 cups of brown sugar (I used dark brown) and 1/2 cup of either light or dark corn syrup. (I used Light, since I used dark brw. sugar). Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of soda, then pour over the puffed corn. Coat all the puffed corn. Now put in an oven preheated to 250 degrees and bake for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes. It will be very crisp. After cooling, put in air tight containers. I had 5 and 1/2 containers! Delicious! Happy Christmas cooking to all and to all a good night!

5 comments:

  1. Looks really yummy! I've been baking too. Decorated sugar cookies last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been quite busy. I would imagine that your house smells very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Egretta,

    I wish you and you family all good for Christmas and every happiness in the coming year.

    A big hug and lots of greetings, Elly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I highly recommend the Caramel Puffed Corn - it is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot for cookies for Christmas!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete