Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Tractor Paintings and Painting Rocks


Hi Everyone,  I posted these tractors paintings once before, but just ran across them and thought some of you might not have seen them. After visiting a "tractor graveyard" here, I did a whole series of paintings.  I visited there with a friend, Beth, who was my partner in the antique shop for 5 years.  We hitched a ride with a man working there on his golf cart and he drove us through about 50 acres of junk (to some and to others, treasures).  It was wild and wet and swampy in there, so I did take liberties in painting the scenes and added lots of color.

I have been painting on rocks for the upcoming craft and art shows here in town.

You would think that I wouldn't want to paint frogs after dealing with a whole plethora of 
them throughout the summer! The owls are fun to paint, though, and some rock shapes just 
suggest frogs!


Hopefully, I will have around 50 rock animals painted by November!

5 comments:

  1. I like your tractor paintings and your painted rocks. The frogs are really cute! Sounds like you are keeping busy with the shows coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful painting! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egretta, I was thinking about you this week, because we have been holidaying in the Cotswolds. We staying in Stow on the Wold. Did you go there during your visit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your rocks. The fawn is awesome. And the frogs would be perfect for my little fairy garden and the water fall in the front courtyard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tractor paintings are quite wonderful - full of color and movement too. I enjoyed the story of yours and Beth's adventure in tractor graveyard. Quite a visual!

    ReplyDelete