Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer Crafting Continues



Hi Everyone,  It is extremely hot here these days and every afternoon we have a storm, which means balmy humid weather, lots and lots of bugs and frogs, lizards, even snakes!  It is certainly not my favorite time of year in Florida!  Well, it is a good time to work on crafts for the shows I do in November. The baby quilt above is being put together with pink and white gingham fabric and then I will tie it, instead of quilting.  I will show you the finished product soon.


This watermelon slice is a pin cushion.  I bought it to use as a pattern and hope to make some for our church bazaar.
Every year I make felt Christmas ornaments and this year I have added a penguin to the different ones I make.  These fellows are stuffed with a bit of fiber fill and they really look adorable.  I will make a whole basket full of them for my show.  At night, after painting during the day, cleaning, training the puppy, etc, I am ready to sit in my favorite chair and sew on ornaments.  My hands are pretty much always busy and I find that very enjoyable.  The other thing I like to do at night is pour over garden books and magazines and plan for the winter garden.  Here we plant the last of September until mid October.

Hope  you are having a great Sunday afternoon! Egretta

1 comment:

  1. That's very beautiful and lovely gift for Christmas! ;)

    ReplyDelete