Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Iris Appliqued Quilt and YoYo Tote


Hi Everyone, I hope you are having some beautiful Fall days. Here in Florida, it is hot, but there is a little bit of color....hardly enough to detect unless you really look! However my church is gearing up for the Christmas Craft and Quilt Bazaar and above is the quilt I appliqued and pieced for the bazaar. After I got it all together, a group of the quilters did the hand quilting. We will raffle it off on November 16 at the bazaar.
Some of the proud quilters...

I've also been making ornaments and totes with yoyo decorations, as the above bad shows.  

A closer view of the iris quilt. The pattern was an old one my mother had. Click on it for an even closer view.

2 comments:

  1. This quilt is a treasure. I think of the hours that it takes to sew a quilt. I have made one, and perhaps only one!. Love the yoyo bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is very pretty, I love the green, pinks and purples in it. The yo yo bag is really fun and a good idea.

    ReplyDelete