Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday in the Garden and a new painting started

Hi Everyone,

There are many new blooms today in the garden. The Day Lilies are blooming. I have had Stargazer Lilies and even Easter Lilies (late). 

Zinnias are blooming really well and I have some that are mounds, others that are giant ones and are very tall.

One of my favorite plants is the Caladium. The leaves are so beautiful and look lovely mixed in a flower arrangement. I love to make bouquets for the house about as much as have them blooming outdoors!

Aren't these just gorgeous!
The Springeri fern looks great mixed in a pot of geraniums.


I brought in some garden flowers and mixed them with a few bought blossoms to make a vase for a painting.Below is the start of the painting.It has a long way to go, but I will post it next week. I have a lot of building up of colors and this is just the start, but I am excited about the possibilities. Isn't that what life is all about...endless possibilities! Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Your flowers and caladium are so pretty, what great painting subjects.

    ReplyDelete