Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Happenings at Rustic Star Antiques


Hi everyone, 
It is Memorial Day weekend and my youngest Grandson, Austin is visiting. Today he wanted to set up a table outside Rustic Star Antiques, where I have a booth, and sell his rubber band jewelry and  ice cold lemonade. So being a softie, I said that of course I would help him and got permission from Melinda, the owner of Rustic Star Antiques. Above is a photo of Austin with his wares! He had a fun day and sold some of his beautiful bracelets, as well as some cold lemonade.  While he was selling, I worked in my booth and did a bit of cleaning and organizing and took some photos of things in the shop.

Above is his jewelry display. They really are very cute!

Melinda is making a lot of up-cycled  (new word!) things. Check out the tier of objects in the center made  into a bird feeder or server. It is so pretty that I would definitely use it as a server for fruit or other tidbits. It would be great for tea time!

Here is Sally, one of the store's stuffed mascots. She is dressed for a Spring tea, no doubt. I love the lamp shade covered with lace and check out the hanging candle holder made with clear glass teacups and saucers. That Periwinkle color is gorgeous, too.

In my booth, I have some blue Granite ware on a tea card. Even blue gloves!!

More of my booth, where I have some of my own paintings and other art work on display.
The live mascot, Shamus.

Another of Melinda's creations. It was made to be a bird bath, but honestly I would use it on a buffet, I think. Hope you enjoyed the little antique tour and have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Some lovely things there Egretta - though Shamus looks a little bored! I agree that the bird-bath is far too good to be used as a bird-bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very a beautiful antique tour for me! The bird bath is just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun and busy weekend. Your booth looks really pretty and I like the bracelets Austin is selling - a little entrepreneur in the making.

    ReplyDelete