Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Glad Gift


Hello Everyone, A couple of days ago, my neighbor, Margaret, came running up to the back door with a hand full of beautiful gladiola blooms! The orange color was especially bright and beautiful! Between hard rain showers, she dashed over to share some of her gorgeous flowers she has grown.

She started the bulbs in her portable greenhouse earlier this Spring and now is harvesting bunches of flowers, in just that short of time!

Her success makes me want to purchase a portable greenhouse!!

I love glads! Taken individually, each bloom on the stalk is just stunning! 

3 comments:

  1. Gee, Egretta, I cannot believe that I have missed so many of your posts. I am sorry. Glad are one of my favorites. I haven't yet planted mine. I need to get them in the ground soon. I love the orange. They look so pretty and healthy. Nice that they last for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret's gladioli are a real success! It was nice of her to pass some on to you.

    ReplyDelete