Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What's happening at Ten Gables?


Hi Everyone,  We are having such lovely coolish weather, but every time it warms up and reaches near 80 for a few days, the weather thinks it is Spring and things begin to bloom.  Just look at this lovely gladiola that came up from bulbs planted last year and has already bloomed.  Hope I get some more! 

Some happy cows near our house. You can see that their field hasn't turned green yet.  The grass in our yard is really nice and green...must be a different variety.  In fact, Bob mowed just the other day!

My friends, Helen and Mike, have a wonderful garden and brought me three perfect heads of cauliflower the other day, plus a bunch of fresh broccoli.  I made roasted curried cauliflower  and it was delicious.  I dipped the florets in ranch dressing which helped to "cool"  the spicy taste down a bit.  Your can find numerous recipes on line for roasted curried cauliflower. Simple to make and really delicious. I would recommend it as an appetizer...you really can't quit munching on it! 
I've been painting lots of pillows for my art gallery, but these two I made from an old vintage tablecloth. The colors are so pretty! You can get at least 4 pillows from one rectangular tablecloth. Now I am looking out for cloths at thrift shops!!  Hope you are having fun and being creative, too.

3 comments:

  1. My creative efforts are not as artistic as yours - I made a big, strong, new raised bed for growing veggies, but it doesn't look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the glaiola pretty? One of my favs. I will plant bulbs this spring, but they will not be seen until late in the summer, a long time away. Weather has been mild here, but more snow must surely be in our near future. Happy Valentine's

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cows must be looking forward to eat the grass in your garden! Nice painting on pillows

    ReplyDelete