Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Spring-like Florida days and blooms

Hi Everyone, 
It sure feels like and looks like a beautiful Spring day in Florida. With temperatures in the high 60s and low 70s, it is a picture perfect day and we have lovely breezes blowing, too. There are more people here in our little town than I have ever seen! I would say that most are here to escape the snow in all the other states. I heard it said that Florida is the only state not to have snow! The Farmer's almanac says, though, that parts of Florida will yet get two freezes. We will see how that plays out, but I seriously doubt that South Florida will be affected. I sure do hope this lovely sunny weather stays here.
I am not sure of the name of this plant; I planted it last summer and it is doing so well now and is full of blooms.
The bees are loving the Mexican Heather. They are working the little flowers; there was one in there somewhere but I am not sure I got it in the photo.

I had another photo of some yellow flowers, but my blog post is still not working right, so it accidentally got deleted when I was trying to enlarge it. I will try to show more tomorrow. I still am about fed up with the way blogger is working. Are you having problems like I am? If I click on a photo and the size chart pops up, then I click on large the whole things turns blue and if you try to open it, it deletes. Any suggestions out there?
Hope you enjoyed this bit of sunshine in some of those bad, snowy areas.

3 comments:

  1. I don't seem to be having the problems you're having with blogger. Hope it starts working properly. It looks sunny and pretty in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't face that problem. Hope to see your flower photos soon! It's really sunny there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Egretta, you must think I have abandoned you. No. Just behind. Florida looks warm and so inviting these days. Your flowers are beautiful. Just what we need to cheer us up. Have a good week end.

    ReplyDelete