Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Monday, November 12, 2012

A Christmas Project

Hi Everyone, It is fast approaching Thanksgiving, and already we are thinking about Christmas! I did an arts/crafts show on Saturday and it was super fun! It was called "Crafts in the Woods" and was in a beautiful location out in the country. I was inside a building, though, which I prefer, as I take many paintings as well as crafts and I am very particular about my paintings being out in dust and possibly bad weather. But the day was gorgeous, about 70ish and lovely. The crowd was awesome and I did very well. One thing I had that showed a lot of interest but did not sell was this "dummy board" Santa painted on an old ironing board top. If I don't sell it at the crafts bazaar this week end, then I will enjoy using it myself somewhere in Ten Gables, or even on the porch.
Here is a bit of a closer view.He looks rather pensive; perhaps going over his good and bad little girl and little boy list.
An even closer view of his face. It was fun to paint this using acrylic paint and trying to get a fairly realistic look to his face. I love his little glasses! 
Have a great day...I'll be back with more crafts in a day or so! Egretta

6 comments:

  1. A wonderful Santa indeed,...Glad you stopped by and thank you.. things are busy at home now. Haven't had a baby around for 20 years. But I'm kind of liking it. with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love him Egretta! How beautiful! I want him. LOL! I am glad you did well at the sale. You are such a wonderful painter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother in law spent nearly 20 years taking her sewing to craft shows. Now she is in a nursing home and does not have a clue about what she used to do. The one show she always went to was last week end, so I stopped by to buy the skinny homemade noodles for chicken soup. I just had to wander about to see who the venders were and what they were selling. I was really quite disappointed because most of the venders made jewelry. Had I seen cute, adorable ironing board, I would have bought him. He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Santa painted on the old ironing board top. He's so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you did well at the show. I love your Santas face.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete