Ten Gables Cottage

Ten Gables Cottage
Ten Gables Cottage

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Buttons and other treasures....

Hi everyone and welcome to Ten Gables,
I seem to like multiples of certain things, like wood items from the Flea Market or buttons in a bowl.









Here is a little reticulated chrome bowl filled with cookie cutters, a biscuit cutter and a little butter mold.





I'm gathering up some things to put in my antique booth. Always interesting to see what one can find lurking in the corners of my studio.



7 comments:

  1. I like the button bowl. I am reminded of the button bowl my grandmother had in her cupboard and how I loved sorting through her buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorting buttons was one of my childhood pleasures too. My Mum used to have a big tin of them, which used to keep me amused for hours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buttons are in! The shops have tops with buttons, buttons on bags and button necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your button bowl too...I have a button bag, but I like the way you have yours displayed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your buttons should do well in your booth.There are those that use them for so many crafts anymore. It amazes me sometimes what people think up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have collection of buttons!
    My mum have it too which was my toy when i was young!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some of your buttons look very unusual Egretta. I am searching out old mother of pearl buttons at the moment; they add an extra something to my silk crazy quilting projects. But they are all interesting in their own way and it is fascinating to sort through them isn't it?

    ReplyDelete